Fairview National Register Historic District
This house was designed by L. F. Brown. It later became the home of Judge John Gordon Cranford, a mayor of Valdosta. It was later purchased by Mr. & Mrs. Paul W. Cribbs, Sr., who completed its restoration in 1984.
Concentrated in an area of River, Varneodoe, and Wells Streets and Central Place, the village of Fairview predates the incorporation of the City of Valdosta. The neighborhood underwent three periods of development: 1840-1860; the late 1890s Victorian surge; and the 1910-1920s period of Prairie and Craftsman influence. The Fairview Neighborhood Association was instrumental in the formation of the Valdosta Heritage Foundation in 1981. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in May of 1984, the neighborhood is a model of community reinvestment through historic preservation.