Text from historic marker at church:
Organized circa 1829, the church was originally located at the home of Absolom Parrish and called Parrish Meeting House. Following a fire of the log structure on the Parrish farm, the congregation built a second log structure one-and-a-half miles west on the bank of Big Lotts Creek. The name was changed to Upper Lotts Creek Primitive Baptist Church. The current church building was constructed in 1881.
The cemetery contains remains of Revolutionary War Soldiers Henry Parrish, John Tillman and Civil War Soldiers Theadore H. Griffin, Zacariah Taylor Deloach and Robert William Deloach.
The church and cemetery were listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004.