Wrightsville is a wonderful little town which has a real interest in preserving its history. The courthouse was restored by the WPA between 1938-40, and again by the county in 1996. Luckily, attempts to demolish it in the 1970s were met with great protest by the people of Wrightsville and Johnson County. An interesting aside: it was the first of nearly 25 courthouses built by Georgia’s most prolific courthouse architect, J. W. Golucke.
For a brief biography of Golucke: