Thanks to Jim Cottingham for the identification…
Built in 1939
A focal point of Douglas’ downtown National Register Historic District, the Coffee County Bank Building still serves as a bank today (BB&T), and features the finest gargoyles (ten of them) in South Georgia.
Built by Coffee County pioneer Benjah Peterson and later known as Stapleton’s Boarding House, this Victorian landmark now serves as Sims Funeral Home.
Dedicated on 19 October 1911