This Romanesque Revival landmark was designed by Golucke & Stewart.
Artist Linda Adams created these scenes of historic Schley County in 2007. The actual title of the project is “Ellaville’s History Wall”. Check out more of Linda’s work at http://lindaadamsdesigns.com/murals.html
Built by Captain Caleb Peacock, a Confederate veteran, the Peacock Hotel was demolished in 1958.
This vernacular frame schoolhouse was in used until 1957, when the State Department of Education recommended consolidation of all the county’s African-American schools into one facility. It was demolished soon after that.
Built in 1917 as Ellaville High School, this structure became Schley County High School in 1937. It was demolished in the mid-1980s.
Robert Burton, one of the pioneer residents of present-day Schley County, sold the original 150 acres on which the town of Ellaville was settled. The town took its name from Burton’s daughter, Ella.