Begun in 1871, Clay County’s vernacular courthouse is the oldest in the Pataula Judicial Circuit and one of the oldest in South Georgia.
Category Archives: Fort Gaines GA
Restored several years ago, this early 1900s mural adorns the side of the Sutton’s Corner Museum. Please visit their website for more information.
Placed by the Fort Gaines Historical Society in 2010, the plaque on this boulder bears the inscription:
A Tribute to the Unpaid Volunteers of the Small Villages of Small Town Georgia Who Offer Their Time, Money and Energy For the Betterment of Their Part of Heaven Called Home – In Memory of Volunteer Fire Chief George M. Coleman by Progeny Geo. M. Coleman, Coleman’s Opera House