This congregation dates to 1850, organized as the Hilton Methodist Episcopal Church, South. After the Civil War, its original home was sold and services subsequently held in a nearby brush arbor. E. Hilton donated the land on which the present structure is located.
Category Archives: Hilton GA
Built by J. W. Baughman in 1891, this 121-foot span over McDonald’s Ford was restored in 1984. It is the southernmost covered bridge in Georgia, and some enthusiasts contend that it’s the southernmost remaining original covered bridge in the United States.