According to Dawn Daley, via present pastor Vernon Edenfield, this is the oldest church, and likely the oldest building, in Screven County, and thought to be the second oldest Baptist church in Georgia.
Although a Methodist church, this structure features three large stained-glass windows with the Star of David motif, traditionally a symbol of the Jewish faith. According to Bob Peavy, whose father was christened here in 1919, the congregation was established in 1907.
© Brian Brown and Vanishing Media 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this website's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may by used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Brian Brown and Vanishing South Georgia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
ANY reposting or reblogging of images on this site is a violation of copyright. For all usage requests, or to purchase an image: email@example.com.