The land for the well and pavilion were donated by Mary McQueen. It was used for water until it dried up in the 1920s. The New Georgia Encyclopedia states that the land was donated in 1905 but does not give a date of construction. The National Register of Historic Places nomination form dates it to 1907.
The view below was made after the South Georgia Snowstorm of 2018.
National Register of Historic Places