Andrew College, originally known as Andrew Female College, was the second college in America to grant degrees to women, beginning in 1854. It operated as a four-year women’s college until 1917, when it became a two-year school. In 1956, it became coeducational. During the Civil War, classes ceased and the school was used as a Confederate hospital. In 1892, Andrew’s structures burned to the ground but thanks to fundraising by the community, Old Main was built that same year.
Cuthbert Historic District, National Register of Historic Places