The South Georgia Conference notes: In 1884, Mr. Edward J. Purse deeded to the trustees one acre of land in the village of Marlow to be used as a place of worship for the MECS (Methodist Episcopal Church, South). However, it wasn’t until 1905, that Marlow was organized and the present sanctuary built using timber donated by the Presbyterians living in the area. Known charter members were Mr. and Mrs. B. N. Shearouse, Mr. and Mrs. Dugger and A. J. Shearouse and family. Among the first to join the church were O. Newton Mingledorff, Jr., and Mildred Shearouse in 1907. It’s still active as a United Methodist Church.