Dr. E. Taylor operated this as a pharmacy and general store throughout the 1890s. It was built by the Lake Park Improvement Company, a local investment group. Ewell Brown, who worked here as a pill roller and assistant operator, purchased the store in 1899 with his brother, Bob Brown. When Ewell gained controlling interest and bought the Lake Park Bank in 1948, Bob operated the store until its closure in 1953. In 1994, Bob Brown’s daughter, Leslie Brown Taylor, donated the building to the Lake Park Historical Society for use as a museum.