Founder in 1868 of the Georgia Land and Lumber Company, William Pitt Eastman settled the town bearing his name in 1870. He was also instrumental in the founding of Dodge County. He built this Italianate Victorian, designed by J. H. Russell (who also built Dodge County’s first courthouse) in 1872 and his daughter sold it to Judge James Bishop, Sr., in 1896. James Bishop and Cary Bullock inherited it in 1926. It now serves as headquarters of the Dodge Historical Society.
National Register of Historic Places