This landmark church was likely constructed with material from Fitzgerald Granitoid Works. In recent years its facade has been altered with the addition of a lift for elderly members.
From the cornerstone: Grand Lodge of Georgia F & A. M.; June 20, 1924 A. D. A. L. 5924; J. D. Hamrich, Grand Master Salem Baptist Church – Constituted 1876 – Erected 1924; Deacons: J. T. Young, W. B. White, J. B. Jones, A. L. Reeves, Alfred Gibbs, J. O. Livingston, J. F. Crow, Pastor