Variously known locally as the Muse-Dews-Gay-Martin-Blaskow House, this structure, which has been enlarged and improved during its long history, was originally built by a Baptist minister known as “Uncle Tommy” Muse for use as the dormitory of the Baptist Female College of Southwest Georgia. The school was also known as the Cuthbert Female College. It operated until 1863 and was briefly reopened a few times into the 1870s. By the 1880s the property was given to the state and from then on was used for private residences.
Kathy Wagoner shared these photos made while her uncle, George Blaskow, lived here in the 1960s and 1970s. It’s nice to see how it looked as a residence.
National Register of Historic Places