This was the home of Allen Johnston, who settled the area of present-day Ludowici around 1850. It was known as Johnston Station until 1905. The Ludowici tile roof was added to this structure around 1905, as well. It’s a real shame to see it in this condition, as it’s the only remnant of the town’s earliest history in existence. Thomas Houston’s essay on the early history of Ludowici provides excellent general insight to the history of the area.