This is located in the forgotten community of Altamaha, Georgia. John P. Rabun, Jr., writes: …the Pearson House was built by John Pearson ca. 1847. John Pearson, a native of Screven County, was one of the two builders of the fine 1857 Greek Revival Courthouse in Reidsville, which was replaced by the 1902 structure still standing but much altered. John Pearson died in 1863. There is another Pearson house built by John’s brother, Lawrence Pearson, still standing not far from this house. One of the Pearson ladies of a later generation married David Tod, a native of Scotland, and the house became known as the Tod House or the Pearson-Tod House. Unlike the Todd family living in Tattnall County when he arrived from Scotland, he spelled his name with only one “d”, saying – irreverently – that if one “d” was good enough for God it was good enough for Tod.