Built by Dr John C. Nevil, this beautiful home is a well-known landmark on U. S. 301. Dr. Nevil’s son, Paul, a sheriff of Bulloch County, also resided here. Originally built as a modest three-room house in 1902, it was expanded to its present appearance by local carpenter Butler Barr in 1910 using pattern books typical of the Victorian era. The home also served as Dr. Nevil’s medical office.
National Register of Historic Places