The South Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church notes: In 1881, Adeline Hall and Graham Davis gave the land for the church and the cemetery. Lemuel Johnson donated the material for the building and also the services of his architect, William Armitage, and his master builders. Armitage, who was English, designed the church using the rural English churches as models. The master builders included C. W. Clarke from Sweden, J. W. Gill from England and John Welch from Scotland. The Graham Methodist Church was organized around 1885 and the first building was constructed in 1885-86. The cemetery is across the road.