Cobbtown Baptist Church was organized in 1906 by Dr. J. C. Brewton. The first pastor was B. F. Hogan, in 1907, and charter members were: William M. & Lucy Bird; Marshall & Mattie Hattaway; Mr. & Mrs. Luther Mills; Stiles A. & Roxie Ann Sikes; and Henry & Laura Yeomans. The present structure was completed in 1944. E. L. Harrison was the pastor at the time and the building committee was: W. L. Brown, Chairman; E. L. Vaughn, Treasurer; T. D. Slater, Construction Superintendent; R. L. Collins; and R. C. Coleman.