The foundation stone reads: Shady Grove, C. M. E. Church, Draton [Misspelled] , Ga. Built Sept. 1911 By Reverend R. M. Mathews. Pastor, Rev. Lee O’ Neal; L. H. Holsey, D. D.; Bishop C. M. Cross; Committee G. W. McKenzie, J. F. Key, T. F. Little, Tom Jones. The Christian Methodist Episcopal Church was founded in 1870 with the support of the leaders of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South.