John Crowley writes: Arna is the correct spelling, although it was always pronounced “Arnie.” It was organized in 1888 and joined the Union Primitive Baptist Association. At one time in the early 1900s it had in excess of 100 members. The church finally disbanded in about 2005 or thereabouts.
Arna is of a typical design for Primitive Baptist churches, especially of the “hardshell” variety, with doors on all sides and the primary entrance on the side. The large cemetery is the final resting place of many area pioneers.
Many historic graves can be found in the cemetery.