Charles Seabrook shared this history of Sand Grove on our Vanishing Georgia Facebook group: This is from the church’s history: The Sand Grove Baptist Church is situated in the Conley settlement midway between Milan and Rhine near the Telfair County line. It was first operated as a branch of the Milan Baptist Church and the services were held under a brush arbor until October 9, 1898, when the church was organized under the name of Sand Grove Baptist Church. They continued to hold services under the brush arbor until 1900, at which time a church building was erected. This building was used until March, 1919, when the present handsome church building was erected. It is a beautiful building and one which would be a credit to any county.