The church was organized in 1939 and constructed in 1941. Pastors at the time were A. M. McCool and O. C. Nichols. The building committee were: A. E. Knight, Chariman; J. O. Mattox; C. N. Mills; L. W. Scott; Bernard Swindell; C. A. Ashley & Mrs. C. L. Doster. G. M. Harrington was the architect and L. F. Bennette was the builder.
As of 2016, this has been razed and replaced by a parking lot.