This antebellum landmark (which has a virtual twin on Taylor Street) was built by James Kelso Daniel in 1847, one of the first erected on land lots sold by Dr. James Rees in what would come to be known as Rees Park. It was occupied by William A. Wilson in the 1860s, during his tenure as president of the Furlow Masonic Female College. Henry Rogers Johnson, who owned the house from 1883-1891, is thought to be responsible for adding the Victorian elements. Numerous others have owned the home, which is now a bed-and-breakfast operated by Kim and Susan Egelseer.
This fieldstone arch is a popular landmark in its own right. The extensive gardens around the home were destroyed in the EF3 tornado of 1 March 2007 but it is slowly rebounding.
Americus Historic District, National Register of Historic Places