Linda Adams writes: The property belongs Imogene McLendon, a good friend of mine. She is 93 and she and her late husband bought the Burt farm from C.H. and wife in 1947. They subsequently purchased the Bell and Hudson farms and carried on a successful diversified farming operation until Jessie’s retirement in the late 1990’s. They worked as a team in decision making. Imogene got elected to the Schley County Commission in the early 1980’s and then was elected by the commissioners to serve as chairman – she served three terms and spent a 40 hour week at the job. Quite a woman. The family will retain the “white house” as they call the Burt house – they recently re-roofed it and will restore the chimneys. Jeanne Harrison notes that this house was built by Gertrude Burt Strange’s grandfather, Mr. Dixon.