Constituted in 1790, Bethlehem Baptist’s congregation is thought to be the oldest in Washington County. It was first known as the Church of Christ on Cag Creek (now Keg Creek). It later relocated and was known as Williamson Swamp Meeting House. When they finally moved to Warthen in 1795, they welcomed the members of Paley Church and the old Cag Creek Church and became Bethlehem. The old wooden church burned in 1890 and was replaced with the present structure.
Warthen Historic District, National Register of Historic Places