At the turn of the 20th century, Dr. J. B. Duggan, Hal M. Stanley, and J. C. Wardlow worked to secure assistance from philanthropist Andrew Carnegie for the construction of a library in Dublin. With Carnegie’s gift of $10,000, the dream became a reality in 1904. Thomas H. Morgan, known as the “dean” of Atlanta architects, along with partner John Robert Dillon, was responsible for the design. The library served the community until a larger facility was constructed in 1964. The Laurens County Historical Society lead an effort to restore the library in the mid-1970s, one of the first such efforts in Dublin.
National Register of Historic Places