Designed for local attorney and businessman Frank Corker by the prominent Atlanta architect A. Ten Eyck Brown (1878-1940) and known as “Dublin’s Skyscraper”, the First National Bank Building was one of the tallest buildings ever built in rural Georgia. It served as a bank until the 1950s and then fell into disrepair, its future uncertain for many years. In 2014, thanks to a community effort led by a very active Downtown Development Authority and Mayor Phil Best, restoration began. Local contractors Garbutt Construction did a beautiful job. It now houses the Dublin campus of Georgia Military College, a bistro, and private office space, and is a great example of community involvement and the desire to not just save but make viable historic structures.
Dublin Commercial Historic District, National Register of Historic Places