When it opened as a silent movie house, the Olive Theatre’s namesake, Olive Dunn, played the piano that accompanied the films. It was restored by the Arts Council and is now used for live performances. The theatre closed in 1949 when the Dunn Theatre, a more modern facility, was opened nearby. Over the years it housed numerous businesses. Broome Furniture Company was the last and upon closing the owner donated the building to the Arts Council.
Donalsonville Historic District, National Register of Historic Places