According to Mac Moye, the first school on this site was built in 1888-1889. The second school was built in 1901 and burned in 1931. This structure was built and occupied by 1933. Much of the identification and background on Richland comes from Mac, an excellent local historian who also serves as Stewart County Manager.
Richland Historic District, National Register of Historic Places