Category Archives: Andersonville GA

St. James Pennington Church, 1927, Andersonville

historic st james pennington church andersonville ga photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2010

This church was originally located in the nearby village of Pennington and was donated to Andersonville and was moved here and restored by the Andersonville Guild in 1963. It was used by the Reverend James Bolan Lawrence and his congregation until his death. It was designed by Ralph Adams Cram, an architect better known for buildings of a much grander scale. His most famous work is the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City.

Advertisements

8 Comments

Filed under --SUMTER COUNTY GA--, Andersonville GA

Andersonville National Cemetery

andersonville national cemetery sumter county ga photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2009

Andersonville is one of the most solemnly beautiful places in Georgia.

Andersonville National Historic Site, National Register of Historic Places

1 Comment

Filed under --SUMTER COUNTY GA--, Andersonville GA