This congregation dates to 1849, beginning in a location a mile south and then known as the Pachitla Presbyterian Church. For a time, the area was known as Whitney, and the church name was changed to Whitney Presbyterian. The name was changed to Dickey Presbyterian in 1913, for Thomas Edward Dickey, who had donated the land for the present building. Located on a beautiful dirt road and surrounded by family who have owned the adjacent farm for over 150 years, Dickey Presbyterian is worth visiting. Though no longer active, the church and grounds are well maintained and watched over by family members.