Category Archives: –EMANUEL COUNTY GA–

Turpentine Cabin, Emanuel County

Leave a comment

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--

Springfield Missionary Baptist Church, 1915, Oak Park

This congregation was established in 1906.

Leave a comment

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Oak Park GA

Albert’s Garage, Oak Park

Leave a comment

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Oak Park GA

Historic Storefront, Oak Park

This appears to have originally been a commercial structure, perhaps a grocery store or warehouse, that has since been converted for another use.

Leave a comment

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Oak Park GA

Pharmacy, Circa 1930, Oak Park

This is one of several commercial structures in Oak Park built by Joe Powell. Originally a pharmacy, it was later owned by Harvey Woodrow Lindsey and served many other commercial uses over the years and is now the last survivor of a row of three brick storefronts.

1 Comment

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Oak Park GA

Roscoe Peoples Sinclair Station, 1935, Oak Park

Roscoe Peoples built this Sinclair Gas station in 1935, in the Mediterranean Revival style often associated with the roadside architecture of the time. In recent years it was home to John Lindsey’s service station and the Snake Hunters Club. John Lindsey was a well-known snake collector who milked venomous species for the manufacture of antivenom. The structure has been restored and now serves as the Oak Park City Hall.

Leave a comment

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Oak Park GA

Tar Paper House, Emanuel County

Leave a comment

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--