According to neighbors this once served as boarding house, though it has primarily been used as a private residence.
Category Archives: Jesup GA
The primary tenant of the the O’Quinn Building, the Strand Theatre opened in 1924 with 894 seats. Theatre builders of this time typically rented space adjoining their theatres as it was considered prime real estate. The Strand was transformed into a two-screen theatre in 1988 and closed in 2009. Ralph and Jamie Hickox, who have done an exceptionally nice job of restoring and keeping viable the historic Jesup Drive-In, have recently purchased the Strand and are presently restoring it. The Strand is one of the few unaltered historic commercial structures still standing in Jesup and it’s preservation will be great.