The transom and sidelights surrounding the front door suggest that this is a relatively early central hallway form. The dormer on the left may be a later addition.
Category Archives: Mauk GA
This historic Mauk School was built by the Works Progress Administration in 1936 to replace a smaller schoolhouse that had served the the community for a number of years. The architect is unknown, but the school is almost identical to “Floor Plan No. 5 – Five Teacher Community School” from the Rosenwald Fund. The school appears to be well-maintained today.
National Register of Historic Places