This congregation was established in 1870. Services were first held in a log cabin which also served as a schoolhouse. Riley R. Fender, a Confederate veteran, was the first member. Private Fender was blinded during the war but served the congregation as Sunday School superintendent for 40 years. Around 1872, the first church building was constructed on land donated by Asa Rooks. The present structure was built in the early 1900s.