Category Archives: –PULASKI COUNTY GA–
This hospital was chartered in 1936. Robert Jenks Taylor gave the city $100,000 for construction of the hospital in memory of his father, Dr. Eziekiel Henry Taylor, and his grandfather, Dr. Robert Newsome Taylor, Hawkinsville’s first physicians. It closed in early 1977 with the completion of a newer facility north of town. After being in a state of disrepair for many years it is presently being restored for use as apartments.
Now a public event space known as The Columns of Georgia, this was built by Dooly County entrepreneur Tillet Bridges. It is best known locally as the Brinson House, for the family who resided here from the 1940s until the 1990s.