This historic congregation dates to 1827.
Category Archives: –RICHMOND COUNTY GA–
Founded around 1784 by Augustans retreating from rampant malaria in the city, Bath got its name from the mineral springs found nearby. John Trowbridge, among the most active members of the congregation in the early 19th century built most of the homes around Bath, as well as the present sanctuary. A small but historic cemetery behind the churchyard is the final resting place of many Richmond County pioneers.
National Register of Historic Places