Frank Brown, who owns this old store, has recently been renovating it and staining the newer boards to match those already on the building. The store was operated by his family from 1940 until 1985. Before that, it operated for many years as a cotton warehouse (dating to the early 1900s). In researching the history of the area, Frank learned that it was actually called Yonker, instead of “Yonkers” and he’s had the name officially changed by the Department of Transportation. Below is a view of the restoration progress, courtesy Frank Brown.
Category Archives: Yonker GA