Tag Archives: Architecture of E. C. Hosford

Dodge County Courthouse, 1908, Eastman

Historic Dodge County Courhouse Eastman GA Photograph Copyright Brian Brown Vanishing South Georgia USA 2015

Designed by E. C. Hosford, Dodge County’s Neoclassical courthouse is still in use. It’s the second courthouse in the history of the county; William Dodge had a two-story frame courthouse built at his expense as an appreciation for the county having been named in his honor. It was torn down in 1906 or 1907 and replaced with this structure.

Dodge County Courthouse Eastman GA Photograph Copyright Brian Brown Vanishing South Georgia USA 2015

National Register of Historic Places

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under --DODGE COUNTY GA--, Eastman GA