Tag Archives: Architecture of Frank P. Milburn

Wheeler County Courthouse, 1917, Alamo

wheeler county courthouse alamo ga photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2009

This courthouse was designed by noted architect Frank P. Milburn.

National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --WHEELER COUNTY GA--, Alamo GA

Wilcox County Courthouse, 1903, Abbeville

wilcox county ga courthouse abbeville photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2009

Abbeville, best known for its annual Wild Hog Festival, is also home to one of the most beautiful Neoclassical Revival courthouses in the state, designed by Frank P. Milburn. Two more architecturally significant public buildings, a college and jail, were once located in Abbeville but are long gone.

wilcox county courthouse abbeville ga photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2009

National Register of Historic Places

1 Comment

Filed under --WILCOX COUNTY GA--, Abbeville GA

Lowndes County Courthouse, 1905, Valdosta

lowndes county courthouse valdosta ga photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2009

Designed by Farnk P. Milburn, Valdosta’s historic courthouse is one of the most beautiful in the state. It was built by contractor Algernon Blair.

National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --LOWNDES COUNTY GA--, Valdosta GA