Tag Archives: Architecture of W. Elliot Dunwoody Jr

Allentown Methodist Church, 1956, Wilkinson County

historic-allentown-united-methodist-church-wilkinson-county-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2013

In his book, Architecture of Middle Georgia: The Oconee Area, John Linley wrote:  (Allentown’s) outstanding building is the Allentown Methodist Church. Though built in 1956, it is Colonial in style, but was designed with a degree of skill and sensitivity that is rare in any period. W. Elliot Dunwoody, Jr., was the architect.

Advertisements

3 Comments

Filed under --WILKINSON COUNTY GA--, Allentown GA