Tag Archives: Architecture of William A. Edwards

Old City Hall & Firehouse, 1914, Bainbridge

This Spanish Colonial Revival landmark was designed by William Augustus Edwards as a combination City Hall and Firehouse, and over the years has also served as the library and public safety center. It is now known as the Firehouse Center & Gallery and is home to the Decatur County Council for the Arts, featuring gallery and event space.

Bainbridge Commercial Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --DECATUR COUNTY GA--, Bainbridge GA

Bank of Tifton, 1917

Designed by William Edwards of the Atlanta firm of Edwards & Sayward, the Bank of Tifton is one of the most distinct commercial structures in the historic district. Several banks have occupied the site over the years and it is presently an Ameris Bank. The wing on the right side is a later expansion.

Tifton Commercial Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

1 Comment

Filed under --TIFT COUNTY GA--, Tifton GA