Tag Archives: China Hill GA
Bethel was organized in 1881. It was not originally known as Bethel and was located in a different location. Services were first held in a one-room schoolhouse but the congregation moved to this location, built a more permanent church and adopted the name Bethel. A tornado destroyed the church in April 1957 and the present structure was constructed soon thereafter.