Tag Archives: Churches of Crawford County GA

Old Musella Methodist Church, Roberta

Old Church Lindsey Building Civic Center Roberta GA Crawford County Photograph Copyright Brian Brown Vanishing South Georgia USA 2014

Presently known as the Lindsey Building and is used as the Roberta-Crawford Civic Center, this building was originally located in Musella and served as the Methodist church there. Thanks to Beth Paul and Frank Spearman for the identification. Mr. Spearman writes that Reverend Jim Hamlin notes it was de-commissioned years ago. Maurice Lindsey’s family were the last surviving members. Maurice, a rural mail carrier, died years ago and his wife, Betty, died about three weeks ago.

Roberta Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

5 Comments

Filed under --CRAWFORD COUNTY GA--, Roberta GA

Musella Baptist Church, 1908, Crawford County

Musella Baptist Church Crawford County GA Photograph Copyright Brian Brown Vanishing South Georgia USA 2014

This congregation dates to 1884.

2 Comments

Filed under --CRAWFORD COUNTY GA--, Musella GA