The Presbyterian Church in Albany was organized on 25 February 25 1849. The original sanctuary was built in 1852. The bell used to commemorate that first service is still in use today. The present church was begun in 1917 and the first service was held here on 10 November 1918. Visit the website of Albany First Presbyterian for a much more detailed history.