Tag Archives: Churches of Grady County GA

Piedmont Primitive Baptist Church, Calvary

historic-piedmont-primitive-baptist-church-calvary-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2017

This historic congregation was established on 28 August 1828.

1 Comment

Filed under --GRADY COUNTY GA--, Calvary GA

Reno Tabernacle, Grady County

reno-tabernacle-grady-county-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2017

1 Comment

Filed under --GRADY COUNTY GA--, Reno GA

Bethel United Methodist Church, Circa 1885, Reno

historic-bethel-united-methodist-church-reno-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2017

Organized in 1882, Bethel was given three acres on this location in 1885 by Josh Merritt and this church was built soon thereafter. A cemetery was begun before construction of the church and Jonathan Merritt was the first burial.

Leave a comment

Filed under --GRADY COUNTY GA--, Reno GA

Bryant Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 1964, Reno

historic-bryant-chapel-missionary-baptist-church-reno-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2017

This congregation was organized in 1905 as an African Methodist Episcopal church. The present building was constructed in 1964.

Leave a comment

Filed under --GRADY COUNTY GA--, Reno GA

Whigham Baptist Church

historic whigham baptist church photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2009

4 Comments

Filed under --GRADY COUNTY GA--, Whigham GA