This little crossroad has quite an interesting history. Herod Town was one of the last remaining Indian villages in this section before European settlement. Local legend maintains that when General Andrew Jackson and his troops came through here en route to the Seminole Wars in Florida in 1818, they met with the village chief, “Old Herod” and were on friendly terms with him.
Tag Archives: Churches of Terrell County GA
One of Southwest Georgia’s most beautiful and well-maintained historic churches, the congregation of Parrott Methodist was formed after tent meetings by visiting pastors in 1891 sparked an interest in building a permanent church home. Land for the church was donated by Parrott’s namesake, John L. Parrott.
Parrott Historic District, National Register of Historic Places