Tag Archives: Churches of Treutlen County GA

Orianna Baptist Church, Treutlen County

The Orianna Baptist Church was established around 1903. In his excellent, Pieces of Our Past*, Scott Thompson writes: The Baptist Church, through its trustees J.M. Hattaway and J.A. Curry, acquired its first church property from P.M. Johnson on August 21, 1903.

*- Though Scott’s blog is focused on Laurens County history, Orianna is located on the Laurens/Treuten line. The Baptist Church, like the community hall, is located on the Treutlen side.

Leave a comment

Filed under --TREUTLEN COUNTY GA--, Orianna GA

Zaidee Advent Christian Church, Treutlen County

zaidee advent christian church photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2011

1 Comment

Filed under --TREUTLEN COUNTY GA--, Zaidee GA